Subway nutrition information, nutritional chart & calories in Subway sandwich menus
"Our free Subway nutrition information chart shows calories in Subway sandwich menus. We use it to give you ideas for more nutritional eating choices..."
So is it possible to eat healthy at Subway?
Simply speaking, yes. However the majority of people who eat at Subway could certainly eat a lot healthier without much effort or thought. There are 2 obvious things that can be changed...
Okay, so before we examine some more healthy eating ideas at Subway here's your Subway nutrition chart below. Compare the amounts of fat, sodium, carbs, protein, fiber and calories in Subway sandwich menus.
» Download your Subway nutrition chart and sandwich calorie guide.
Some tips from the Subway nutrition information chart
1) The Subway 6 inch vegetable sandwich (wheat bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers and green peppers) has only 169 calories and 2,5 grams of fat. Of course if you want to get the full benefit go easy with the condiments.
2) The Subway 6 inch oven roasted chicken breast sandwich contains only 320 calories and 4.5g fat.
3) And after the Subway vegetable sandwich the Subway 6 inch turkey breast sandwich contains the least amount of calories and fat (280 calories and 3,5 grams of fat).
4) To drink, the unsweetened regular size (16 oz) tea has less than 10 calories and 0 grams fat.
5) And for dessert the apple slices contain 35 calories, 0 grams fat and only 7 grams of sugar.
Frugal and healthy eating tips for Subway
So it's true that if you were to order a footlong with meat and condiments you could be pushing close to 900 calories or so.
For example: An oven roasted chicken breast on wheat has 620 Calories and 10 grams of fat, plus American cheese = 80 Calories and 7 grams of fat, plus mayonnaise = 220 Calories and 24 grams of fat. That's a total of 920 Calories and 41 grams of fat. Ouch! A big Mac on its own could be 400 calories less than that! However the nutritional value of the sub is far greater in vitamins, fiber and protein and much less in fat.
So here's a better idea:
Load your sub with lots of fresh veggies, lose the cheese (about 50 calories) and use mustard or vinaigrette as the condiment. That brings the total calories closer to the 620 mark and the fat down to 10 grams, and you're still sitting with a massive footlong.
Hopefully you can use the Subway nutrition information chart and nutritional information about calories in Subway sandwich menus to help you make healthy eating choices.
Top Fat Burn & Fast Food Facts
List of calories in food
"Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape. Do not copy!"