Our Top 10 Foods that Speed Metabolism (continued from top 15 fat burning foods)
"Our top 15 foods that speed metabolism, burn belly fat and naturally increase metabolic rate..."
(Continued from top 15 fat burning foods)
Our top 10 foods that speed up metabolism:
10) Green tea contains EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) a powerful catechin that increases the activity of the brain and nervous system, and also burns more calories. Green teas also have mood enhancing properties and are high in anti-oxidants (help fight cancer and heart disease).
9) Lean beef is a food that increases metabolism. It’s rich in protein that requires the burning of more calories during digestion and, as I already mentioned with chicken and turkey, protein can help
build lean muscle tissue (muscle tissue burns more calories than fat).
8) Vegetable soup or chicken and rice soup. Soup is tasty, filling and contains few calories. It's rich in nutrients and fiber, and easy to digest.
7) Fish like tuna and sardines are often associated with foods that speed metabolism. The omega 3 fatty acids in Fish oils are known to improve cardiovascular health. Omega 3 fatty acids have been proven to strengthen the heart and increase the efficiency of arteries and veins. They lower bad cholesterols and blood pressure, and increase good HDL cholesterol.
6) Water is probably the most underrated metabolism boosting food that there is. Water helps remove the workload from the liver, and the less time the liver spends breaking down chemicals and other waste the more time it can devote to Burning Fat.
Our top 5 foods that speed metabolism:
5) Negative Calorie Nuts: Almonds have essential fatty acids that boost our metabolism. Nuts are filling, rich in protein and make a great addition to many recipes. Other negative calorie nuts include Brazil nuts, chestnuts, coconuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, pine nuts and walnuts.
4) Smoothies are a great way to combine all those negative calorie fruits and vegetables into a tasty, healthy and easy to digest drink. Also, juicing helps to extract valuable nutrients from fibers that are sometimes not assimilated during the digestive process.
3) Negative Calorie Vegetables: Negative calorie foods burn more calories during assimilation than what the food contains. The added bonus of fiber and nutrient rich vegetables is that they fill you up and give you a great energy boost. (More at vegetable nutrition facts and raw vegetable diet.)
2) Negative Calorie Fruits: For all the same reasons as vegetables, but its higher on the list because you can make yummy fruit cups and fruit desserts... (See Fruit nutrition facts)
Our top pick of foods that speed metabolism and burn fat:
1) Salmon has to be the top fat burning food. It's filling, protein rich, low in saturated fats, an excellent brain food, and contains Omega-3 fatty acids, which lower the body's leptin levels and helps to burn more calories. It's also an excellent fish to eat grilled or poached, and therefore very tasty when eaten in the healthiest of recipes.
Or Download our Alphabetical list of calories in Food right now.
Hopefully our list of top foods that speed metabolism can help you make healthier eating choices and give you some great fat burning diet ideas.
"Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape. Do not copy!"