Cinnamon and Weight Loss
"...just a little cinnamon each day can help you burn that fat. Here are some great ideas on how to incorporate this delicious spice into your diet."
• Health benefits of cinnamon
• Cinnamon and weight loss recipes
A cinnamon and weight loss study (Journal of Clinical Nutrition) showed that ingesting a teaspoon of cinnamon decreases one's blood sugar levels. When ingested, cinnamon has similar characteristics to insulin. It boosts the body's metabolism of glucose and therefore decreases blood sugar levels.
Cinnamon also helps to fight hunger pains and cravings. It improves the digestion process and assimilates more nutrients into the body which in turn make you feel fuller for longer (the opposite of what fast food does).
Health benefits of Cinnamon
Studies have shown that cinnamon can...
- lower LDL cholesterol
- stop medication-resistant yeast infections.
- reduce the spread of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
- have an anti-clotting effect with blood.
- cinnamon powder and honey help to relieve pain associated with athritis.
- inhibits bacterial growth and spoilage in food (like a natural preservative).
- cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory.
- fights E coli bacteria in unpasteurized juices.
- It is a good source of fiber, iron, manganese and calcium.
- cinnamon powder and honey eaten regularly with bread can help reduce or even cure heart disease. It breaks down cholesterol in the arteries and helps strengthen the arteries and veins.
- helps stimulate hair growth. A paste of honey, hot olive oil and cinnamon powder can be used before a bath or shower. Allow to absorb in the scalp and hair for up to 15 minutes.
Cures bladder infections. Mix one teaspoon of honey and two tablespoons of cinnamon powder.
Ideas to include cinnamon in your diet
These cinnamon weight loss recipes won't provide miracles, but can be an effective addition to your diets. You should assist your weight loss with exercise and a healthy diet.
Add half a teaspoon of cinnamon to your yogurt every morning will provide a pleasant taste. Another idea is to sprinkle a little cinnamon on your toast or your cereal.
Boil two cinnamon sticks in a cup of water (you can also add it to herbal tea, and you can also add a teaspoon of honey) and let it stand for 15 minutes. Take this tea after waking up and before going to bed.
Cinnamon and laurel.
Laurel and cinnamon have a very positive effect on digestion and aiding in weight loss process. Boil five bay leaves and two slices of cinnamon in a quart of water, and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Drink a cup of this on an empty stomach every day.
Cinnamon and Smoothies.
This is my all time favorite. I can't think of a single smoothie I make that doesn't include cinnamon!
Carrots & bananas smoothie, banana and pear smoothie, pumpkin & carrots smoothie with Ginger and cinnamon. Get creative, ginger, nutmeg, turmeric and many other spices all have fantastic health benefits...
Of course while cinnamon can help with weight loss it's not the final solution for long-term weight management. You still need a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Eat all the food groups in appropriate portions and include both cardio and strength-training routines. Our recommended weight loss program: Diet Solution Program
We hope our page on cinnamon and weight loss will come in very handy and help you to burn some stubborn fat.
Navigate from cinnamon and weight loss to best diet plan quiz, low fat high protein diet, low fat diet plan, fastest way to lose weight, exercises to lose weight quickly, foods that help you lose weight quickly.
Or visit stomach flattening exercises home.